City AdministratorLarry Klein - Interim City Administrator
- Acts as the lead Economic Development Officer for the City
- Oversees development and implementation of the City budget as directed by the Mayor
- Investigates legislative issues and coordinates agenda with Mayor for City Council meetings
- Acts as Zoning Administrator in reviewing and approving commercial or residential building permits and zoning matters
- Acts as Liquor Administrator in reviewing establishments for conformance
- Supervises City staff and oversees the Public Works department
- Negotiates contracts for various City services
- Plans, assists, and monitors committee meetings
- Interacts with residents on matters of concern and ordinance issues
- Maintains working relations with members of City Council and the Mayor
- Works with developers and private sector businesses to ensure conformance with City Ordinances and Zoning Code
- Calculates project costs and lists with appropriate committees for budgeting purposes
T.J. Holtman Joined the City in January of 2018
- Assists City Administrator and Mayor in preparation of annual budget
- Manages the annual audit process
- Assists in compiling the City’s newsletter, The Eagle’s View
- Maintains and researches as necessitated health, dental, general liability, building, and fleet insurances
- Advises Mayor and City Administrator on financial and legal responsibilities, annual legislative changes, and annual GAAP and GASB updates
- Negotiates rates of returns on investments
- Performs daily, monthly, and annual accounting duties
- Partners with the Kenton County Fiscal Court for information regarding domiciled or transient businesses and related business taxes
- Maintains the City website
- Handles citizen concerns and delegates or cooperates with other employees and municipal agencies to resolve
- Investigates, coordinates, and provides support for recreational activities
- Governmental Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA)
- Kentucky Government Finance Officers Association
- Northern Kentucky Government Finance Officers Association (NKGFOA) - President
Sanela Dautovic Joined the City in December of 2019
- Attends all Council meetings and keeps accurate record of Council proceedings. Ensure legal notification of public hearings and meetings for City Council in accordance with State meeting laws.
- Sign and maintain ordinances, resolutions, minutes, municipal orders, agreements, contracts, and other official City Documents.
- Provide public information and records upon request in compliance with Kentucky's Open Records Law.
- Compose, update, and administer policies and procedures to maintain compliance with State laws, including records retention and management and disaster recovery procedures.
- Serve as the custodian for all official records and public documents.
- Prepare Proclamations for Mayor's signature.
- Coordinate all required publishing for City, including public notices, and maintain affidavits of publication.
- Act as recording secretary for City's Board of Adjustment meetings.
- Coordinate with TBNK for broadcast and recording of Council meetings and other public meetings.
- Serve as a Notary Public for the City.
- Receive and process both mail and walk-in payments and miscellaneous receipts.
- Assist in the preparation, filing and mailing of real estate tax bills.
- Broad understanding of City activities and initiatives and ability to field inquiries.
- Work with Administrative Assistant and City Administrator in developing and mailing out a quarterly newsletter to City residents.
- Answer phones, responds to citizen requests, on the phone and in person.
- Assist other City personal in City special events.
- Other duties as assigned by the City Administrator.
- Northern Kentucky Municipal Clerks Association
City Attorney:Mary Ann Stewart with the firm Adams, Stepner, Woltermann, & Dusing
phone: 859-291-7270 fax: 859-291-7902
City Engineer:Jim Berling with J W Berling Engineering Company
phone: 859-331-9191 fax: 859-344-7422
Building Inspector and Zoning consultant:Planning and Development Services of Kenton County
phone: 859-331-8980 fax: 859-578-7964