KENTON COUNTY IS IN NEED OF ADDITIONAL POLL WORKERS FOR THE NOVEMBER 4TH ELECTION. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CALL THE KENTON COUNTY CLERKS OFFICE AT 859-391-1620
Election officers are appointed by the County Board of Elections.
· Once you are appointed by the County Board of Elections, then your representative will assign you to the position of judge, sheriff or clerk
· The County Board of Elections needs approximately 500 people to work the polls and would like to have at least 100 alternates.
· The polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. but election officers must be available to open the polls at 5 a.m. and stay till the polls close.
· Election officers must attend one of the following training classes and are paid $20.00 for the class.
· Election officers are paid $125.00 for the day of the election.
· The election officer who returns the election results to the county clerk’s office will receive $5.00.
Per KRS 117.045 (9) the requirements to be an election officer are:
· Must be a qualified voter in the precinct; except that, where no qualified voter of the required political party is available within the precinct, the election officer shall be a qualified voter of the county.
· An election officer can’t be a candidate of the spouse, parent, brother, sister or child of a candidate who is to be voted for at the election.
· An election officer can’t have changed his/her voter registration party affiliation for one year prior to his/her appointment.
· An election office may be removed, for cause, at any time up to five (5) days before an election. Vacancies shall be filled by the county board with alternate precinct election officers and the person appointed to fill the vacancy shall be of the same political party as the vacating officer, except for emergency appointments approved by the State Board of Election